Monday, June 6, 2011

Living The Life

This blog is about me, my life, and living with M.S.  I have many illnesses, but I will talk about M.S. the most. I will post about other things at times, not just about being ill. :) I decided to start this blog for one main reason. And that is because I need a place where I can say what I'm going through or feeling, without the worry of upsetting family members. You see, I've come to the part in my life where I require a caregiver. I'm unable to walk at all, so now my wheelchair has to be my legs. I only have the full use of one arm. But I am still able to care for my personal needs. And I have astounded many with what all I have learned to do myself. But there are many things, no matter how hard I try, that I just can't do. 
My caregiver also happens to be my mom. I can't talk openly to her or around her, because she gets terribly upset. Now, as a mom myself, I do understand what this must be like for her. No mother wants to hear about her child's incurable diseases. It's bad enough that she has to see me go through the awful pain and see me physically deteroating right before her eyes. So I do understand. But I need a place to talk about things, you know? And I am hoping that others who are going through or have gone through the same things, will feel free to comment. Also, anyone. whether they are sick or not, will feel free to ask questions. More later.

1 comment: