Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Bull In A China Shop

Sometimes.....well ok a lot of times, The M.S. causes me to be extra clumsy.  I knock things over with my hand because, like I said I get very clumsy and frequently have tremors. But the biggest messes that I make are with my electric wheelchair. Medicare only allows you to get a standard one first. Now.... I am a very tiny woman, so I look ridiculous riding around in it.   I call it my limo. lol!  But in August I will have had this chair for five years. So medicare says that I can have a new chair then. And it will be customized to my size and to my needs. They said I can have any color that I want, so it will be blue, my favorite color!!  And also it will have all terrain wheels.  I am home bound most of the time. But I would love to get out in my backyard without getting stuck. And be able to ride around the apartment complex when I feel up to it.  Then I will be able to get up closer to stuff that I want a good picture of. I' ll be able to ride over any kind of terrain. Oh, I've been told that the chairs with those kind of wheels require a lot more power. So when I get it, all I can say is "Look out world, here I come. Move it or lose it!!" Vrmmmm!!  lol!! 

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy you're getting this new chair. Can't wait to hear about your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brandi, I can hardly wait!! I think that it will lift my spirit to be able to access areas that I can't now. And having the chair more suited to my needs, should make everyday living much easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! I'm so glad to see you posting!! You know, I AM a blog fanatic!! Can't wait to see pictures of the new chair!! LOVE you SO SO much!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cheryl!! I do better sometimes than others. But you know me, my faith keeps me trying!! Not to mention that I'm also stubborn....mule headed..lol!!

    ReplyDelete